Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmastime with Michelle

We're so excited about Michelle's first Christmas. We dreamed about it for so long and now we're enjoying every minute. We've had so much fun shopping for her (perhaps a bit too much fun) and I loved baking cookies with her. I couldn't wait to have her help us decorate the tree. I took her out for a few hours and Roman got everything out and had the tree all set up and the ornaments ready to put on the tree. We thought Michelle would be really into decorating the tree but she put a couple of ornaments on and then completely lost interest. She handed them back to me and said, "Mama do it." At least I got a couple of pictures. I got her an Advent calendar and have some small Sesame Street ornaments for the gifts. She enjoys putting those on the tree. She has very definite ideas about where each one should go and some branches have three ornaments. I thought about moving them after she goes to bed one night but then I decided to leave them. Christmas is all about her now and if she wants three ornaments on one branch, that's fine with me. She loves the stuffed animals we have decorating the living room. My mom and I are really into moose so we have a ton of them sitting out for the holidays. Michelle has to kiss each one goodnight and she calls them cows. She also has a few stuffed dogs, a few snowmen and even a dancing jalapeno that she has to kiss before bed. We have to start saying goodnight a few minutes earlier now because it's taking awhile to say goodnight to everyone. It's absolutely adorable, though. Hmmmmm....Where should I put this one?
This looks like a good spot.
Did I do a good job?
Relaxing after a hard day of decorating
I'm excited about my presents!I love hugging and kissing my pandas.

1 comment:

Gail said...

She definitely loves her stuffed animals. Just look at that smile!

Michelle seems like a very loving child. Kissing all her friends goodnight.

Happy Holidays
Gail