Monday, June 23, 2008

A fun-filled weekend

Michelle had an action-packed fun-filled weekend. After a nice dinner out Friday evening followed by a ride at the beach in her new car (where she met a cute dog and gave him a kiss on the head) and the party Saturday, we took her to York's Wild Kingdom in Maine yesterday to see the animals. She loves dogs and ducks so we thought she'd really enjoy seeing some more animals but she couldn't have been less impressed. She had no interest in any of the animals except the ducks. She loved the duck pond but that was about it. Dada fed the llamas and she found that a little scary. Then I took her into the petting zoo to feed the baby goats and she was a little scared of them too. It didn't help that one of the bigger goats (he was a bully) grabbed the whole ice cream cone full of food out of my hand. That scared me too a little bit. It triggered a flashback to when I was 5 and a goat ate my nametag at a petting zoo on a class trip. That scarred me for life. :)

After the zoo, we went to York Beach and she loved that. She's definitely a water baby. We let her wade a little bit but she wanted to go further out so I had to pick her up. She kept pointing out to sea wanting me to go further and further out. She loved it when the waves splashed us. She squealed and laughed. She didn't really enjoy sitting on the beach and playing with her toys, though. She saw no reason to put sand in a pail or to make sand castles with the sand molds. Just get that girl in the water!








1 comment:

Gail said...

I love York Beach!
I usually go to that area every summer. York, Ogunquit etc.
I have taken Loren to Animal Kingdom as well. Did Michelle try any of the amusement rides?

Looks like a fun time!